Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Print Mixing

H&M blouse, J. Crew Skirt, Steven by Steve Madden Flats, Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Clutch, Michael Kors Oversized Runway Watch, Forever 21 Bracelets

I've found that the easiest way to mix prints is to pair a simple black and white polka dot (or striped) print with a floral print. It adds just enough visual interest without being overwhelming. This polka dot blouse in particular has become one of the most versatile item in my closet. It literally goes with everything! After I bought it I went back the next week for the black and tan version and then the following week for the forest green version. I should have bought all three the first time around. I stalked the skirt for weeks on J. Crew's website, hoping it would eventually go on sale before it sold out. Finally, it did go on sale so I snatched one up (and there are still plenty left if you're interested!)




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the colour of the skirt, and the blouse is so beautiful. I also agree that the best way to mix patterns is with a polka-dot blouse. I love polka dots :)

    Be Indie, Be Trendy

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blouse is si cute! And the color of the skirt is amazing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete